FAVORITE PRESIDENT: Ronald reagan
To all who knew him, Howard adored President Ronald Reagan. Here are some of his favorite quotes from Pres. Reagan.
MISS HIM YET?
QUOTES BY RONALD REAGAN
- Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and hell where they already have it.
- Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.
- The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
- The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
- Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.
- I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.
- The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.
- Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.
- The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.
- It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
- Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.